I am a strong political progressive, but what that means to me is not issue specific. Here is what it means to me.
- Grassroots Democracy
- The concept of WE
- Learn from the past
- Plan for the future
- Strong Foundations
Here's what I'm working on here:
Links to important pagesEdit
- Recent Changes
Other Wiki projectsEdit
Feel free to contact me via Discussion.
- MediaWiki:Sitenotice - For posting site notices. (Admins only)
Who am I?Edit
- I am a cancer survivor, 2003.
- I am the owner of Seattle Webcrafters, a website design and hosting company focused on non-profits and progressive political organizations.
- I am the Executive Director of w:c:left:Democracy for Washington, a progressive/populist organization formed as part of Howard Dean's w:c:left:Democracy for America within Washington State.
- I am the Western Washington Vice Chair of the Washington State Progressive Caucus, actively involved in getting progressives engaged, educated and empowered within the w:c:left:Washington State Democratic Party.
- I am the 7th Congressional District coordinator for w:c:left:Progressive Democrats of America
- I am a Precinct Committee Officer in North Seattle.
- I am on the Executive Board of the w:c:left:46th District Democrats in Washington State as the King County Male Delegate.
- I am on the Executive Board of the w:c:left:King County Democratic Party as the Rapid Response & Get Out The Voice coordinator.
- I am a founder of the w:c:left:Progressive Democratic Caucuses of Washington, actively involved in getting progressives engaged, educated and empowered within the local Democratic Party organizations in Washington State.
- I am a moderator and/or member of over 400 progressive/liberal/populist mailing lists, as well as a member of DailyKos, BoomanTribune and EuroTribune.
- I am a founder of The Netroots Agenda, a website dedicated to gathering ideas and pushing them into law in Olympia and Washington DC.
What influences me?Edit
I thought I would share some background on where my values come from.
- Life is, among other things, an elimination contest. We get eliminated from this and that and from them and him and her; and finally a germ or faulty pump valve eliminates them altogether. A few find the contest so disagreeable that they eliminate themselves. They are the 24-karat fools who miss the important point about it all; namely, that the major meaning of life is the opportunity to strive and struggle: an opportunity forever denied inanimate things. Striving and struggling implies that the striver is aiming to do something he is not doing now, or get somewhere different than where he is now.
- Wayne V. Brandon - My grandfather. This is from a letter to Paul Brandon in 1964.
I'm in the News!Edit
Who do you think should be in the Cabinet of the US Government? Here's my list:
- Attorney General: Elliot Spitzer
- Secretary of the Interior (or Energy): Al Gore
- Secretary of Health & Human Services: Howard Dean
|Agriculture|| supports family farms|
supports organic farming
|America in the Middle East|| supports exit from Afghanistan|
supports the Arab Spring uprisings as long as they stay non-violent
|Drug policy reform||supports|
|Economy|| supports small businesses|
supports prosecution of corporate criminals
|Education|| supports NCLB reform|
supports financial aid reform
|Energy|| supports hybrid and alternative fuels|
supports a complete civilization wide change to renewable energy sources
|Environmental protection|| supports open space protection|
supports reduced emissions
|Health care|| supports medical liability reform|
supports fixing Medicare prescription Plan D
|Illegal Immigration|| supports enforcing existing immigration laws|
supports prosecuting business owners who hire illegals
|Stem cell research||supports|
|Taxation|| opposes marriage tax penalty|
supports the estate tax ($>10 million)
- Attack ads in campaigns
- Effective government that doesn't waste taxpayers' time and money on stupid and pointless issues
- reform of the USA PATRIOT Act
- privacy from Big Brother
- public involvement in government (perhaps leading to a direct democracy)
- Scientific research
- Vigorous debateen:User:Chadlupkes