About me Edit
I am from Chile. My native languages are english and spanish (in that order -- long story!).
I believe that Campaigns Wiki could become a great source of knowledge for educated and serious debate on political issues, much like Wikipedia has become a respected source for information. To help achieve that, I will do my best to be as neutral as possible, or at least to keep my interventions respectful.
My contributions Edit
- Created Template:Unreferenced. It's a very simple design, inspired from the Wikipedia version. Basically, although there are sections in the articles intended to hold opinions, I've become worried that some articles present information as facts, without citing the sources. -- Waldsen 02:56, 21 July 2006 (UTC)
- Created Chile. I plan to contribute a lot to this article, but I don't really know what style of article we are looking for yet. Any guidance is appreciated. -- Waldsen 23:53, 22 July 2006 (UTC)
- Helped with the editing of country and state templates (example: Template:Southamerica). -- Waldsen 18:42, 23 July 2006 (UTC)
- Uploaded Image:Help1_tabs.png. Hopefully it will make the explanation of the tabs a bit more fluid. I printed my screen so I can't imagine any copyrights being involved (since it was copied from Wikia). -- Waldsen 18:42, 23 July 2006 (UTC)
- Category: Regions. I think the Category: Nations will become hard to browse when the number of country articles increases. This might provide an easier approach to finding a certain country. -- Waldsen 18:01, 26 July 2006 (UTC)
- Category:Past Elections. It might be necessary to split into past elections and recent elections at some point. -- Waldsen 00:34, 5 August 2006 (UTC)
- OMG I don't know what happened today, I guess I got inspired. Categorized many articles and applied the tabbed templates to Same-sex marriage. I'm going to get some sleep now! -- Waldsen 06:41, 6 August 2006 (UTC)
- Edited the styles on Template:Infobox US State. Not bad. -- Waldsen 03:21, 11 August 2006 (UTC)
- Created div.right_box entry in Monobook.css. My objective was too create a uniform style to hold all boxes and templates that are placed in the right margin. -- Waldsen 05:17, 13 August 2006 (UTC)
- Created Campaigns Wikia:Collaboration. I was inspired by similar efforts on Wikipedia. --ШΔLÐSΣИ 00:35, 19 August 2006 (UTC)
- My Sandbox
- Campaigns Wikia:Tabs Project
- Pages to delete
Here I'll list the Campaigns Wikia articles that I've translated. Although the main objective is to keep track of them, I also post them here hoping that whoever reads this might lend a hand (don't be shy!).
- Main page - Portada (original translation)
- Mission Statement - Declaración de la misión (original translation)
- Help:Getting started - Cómo empezar
- Volunteer - Voluntario
- MediaWiki:Sidebar - 
- Template:Southamerica - 
- Template:Asia - 
- Template:Europe - 
Translating the Main Page and Mission Statement Edit
I have here the spanish versions of the Mission Statement and the Main Page.
- The Main Page is ready to be published.
- The Mission Statement is ready to be published.
- There is one word which I could not translate to my full satisfaction: soundbite. I used clip, which is a word borrowed from english. A spanish speaker should still understand it, but it has a slightly different meaning than soundbite.
- MAA was translated with Pedofilia. Nevertheless, MAA is a superset of Pedophilia. I'm not sure if the equivalent in spanish for MAA (Parafilia might be appropiate)
- As a final note, I would like to add that I changed the structure of some sentences, like broadcast media will bring broadcast politics, to retain the poetry :P. However, the message remains intact.